Tuesday, June 19, 2012

When a Desk Jockey Flips...tires that is.


By Jameson


I honestly think that the idea of adventure is the thing that most excites the standard desk jockey athlete; that thing that propels you toward doing something far more than your standard day. The end result is fantastic, great water cooler talk to be sure, but it's the build-up that I have now while looking out at the big, stupid-crazy sage-covered hill behind work thinking 'hey, maybe, just maybe I should run that stupid thing tonight!?' that really drives me to find adventure.

Yesterday was a prime example of the adventure bug creeping into the workplace. Fresh off an epic 25k trail race the day before, I thought to myself 'now what?' and quickly found the solution in the parking lot of Anytime Fitness.

Tires. Worn-out, grimy, full of water and perfect for flipping end-over-end in the heat of the day, tires offer a great chance to feel like a beast. Ever tried flipping a 200-pound tire? I hadn't either until two weeks ago when I saw those ugly hulks steaming on the pavement. One flip and I was addicted.

For the archery addict striving to reach the mountain top there can be no better activity than flipping tractor tires. Strenuous? You bet, but you feel like a million bucks afterwards! This is just one of the ridiculous/obscene things I have incorporated into my archery season training, plus it's just fun throwing heavy things around! For more information on tire-flipping check out YouTube and learn proper form first.


No comments:

Post a Comment